cpdf tool has been available commercially since 2007, and is widely used in industry and government. The same technology is used in the Proview PDF Editor for the mac.
Now we’re releasing it for free, under a special not-for-commercial-use license.
Binaries for Windows, Mac and Linux, OCaml source code, and full documentation are all available here.
The Coherent PDF Command Line Tools allow you to manipulate existing PDF files in a variety of ways. For example:
- Merge PDF files together, or split them apart
- Encrypt and decrypt
- Scale, crop and rotate pages
- Read and set document info and metadata
- Copy, add or remove bookmarks
- Stamp logos, text, dates, page numbers
- Add or remove attachments